2015/07/07

Tornseglare - Apus apus - Common Swift

Click to see with Light box

Tornseglare - Apus apus - Common Swift 
© NF Photo 150626 Knutstorp

One of my top ten favorites among birds. The Swift. I like the sound from them, I like the look, I like the challenge to capture them. They never sit down. They fly straight in to the nest without hesitation. Like a bullet. And turnes like crazy in mid air.

This day I was lucky :) I can take a hundred images and one is good. They also serve as a measure of my brain and reaction times. As long as I can capture them I am still "young" despite what the number of years tells me. I only wish they were here a little bit longer. 2.5 months is too little.


Wild Bird Wednesday 
Find the birds with  Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels:   , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 comments:

  1. Great in-flight photos of the swifts. I seldom manage good in-flight photos but always think it is a matter of technique needing to be improved - I definitely do NOT want to think it's a matter of age :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are so much like the swallows we have here. I agree that it is next to impossible to catch them in the air, bur our barn swallows will park now and then to catch their breath ... that is when I get their pictures. You have done well with your flight pictures here, Monica ... yep, you must still be young :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 08, 2015

    Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Swift pictures. Swifts and Swallows are a popular subject lately on bird blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. It's a bird I've not yet managed to capture well, but I do like watching and listening to them screech overhead. A truly incredible bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The swift is a pretty bird. I love your mosaic! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swifts and Swallows...such beautiful birds! Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 09, 2015

    Good for you for shooting flying swifts. Not an easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Naturefootsteps Birds of Europe