2013/07/16

Enkelbeckasin - Gallinago gallinago - Common Snipe

click to enlarge


Enkelbeckasin - Gallinago gallinago - Common Snipe
NF Photo 130716 Sjöholmsladan, Katrineholm
  
Today I was really lucky. I went to the little pond or whatever you would call it.  A small dam beneath a barn belonging to a rather large farm. I was lucky to see a few waders poking around in the mud. As I was getting close to the side they were on I suddenly spotted some, nice looking ducks. That´s what I thought. I went in on the area that is sometimes flooded with water.  Walked carefully not to get into muddy water and not to disturb the birds I now found out was Common Snipes. They are on route south again and rested here for a while. I was lucky to get rather close and for the first time got some descent shots. You can say they made my day. Or even week. I noticed 7 of them. Maybe even 8 if I check the images carefully.

Wild Bird Wednesday   Nature Notes
 
Find the birds with  Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   , , , , , ,

9 comments:

  1. Another one of my favorite birds, love the Snipe! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes getting some good shots does make your day especially with birds. These are interesting looking birds..thank you for linking into NN Monica...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any gripes with your snipes. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely images of a great looking bird species~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ja de där är ju coola! Ha, ha... fint fotat....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise you found! I love how the Snipe blends in so well with its habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bird - I used to only really see these as they were flying away!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love much this bird, greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Naturefootsteps Birds of Europe