2011/10/25

Järnsparv - Prunella modularis - Dunnock

click to enlarge


Järnsparv - Prunella modularis - Dunnock
NF Photo 111002, Falsterbo Fyr

Today I show you a little bird that turned out to be surprisingly beautiful. I have seen it once before in a distance. So I did not really see what it looked like then. But now, up close, I could really see it´s beauty. Isn´t it great to visit a ringing session? This bird is rare where I live so this was great. Later on we also spotted one in some bushes at the shore. Maybe the same one? Who knows? :)

Om Järnsparv på wiki
About Dunnock on wiki
Dunnock singing in spring on youtube
My day in Falsterbo Observatory

World Bird Wednesday IL
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,, , , , , , ,

9 comments:

  1. All the the LBJ are beauties!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always look so fragile. I'd love to do some bird banding sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny that we make distinctions between this bird and that, which are beautiful and which are plain. Truth is, as you point out, these creatures are all profoundly designed and worthy of wonder. Got it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful little bird that lives in my garden... and are wonderful to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful close-up photos of the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on yoru sighting. It is a beautiful bird. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lucky enough to have these live and breed in my garden. 5 OR 6 Individuals present today.

    They are a very charasmatic bird and I can watch them for hours in the garden..... they usually hang around with the Robins

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Naturefootsteps Birds of Europe