2015/02/03

Sidensvans - Bombycilla garrulus - Bohemian Waxwing

Click to see with Light box
 © NF Photo 120312
Sidensvans - Bombycilla garrulus - Bohemian Waxwing


Sidensvans - Bombycilla garrulus - Bohemian Waxwing
© NF Photo 150203

Nowadays my world is just grey, grey and more grey. And lots of  snow has fallen. Walking in teh middle of the day and the wold is slightly blue and black. Today I finally heard the waxwings. Looking around I found then in the top of a birch. I manage to snap an image with the little camera I have before they took off. They landed in another treetop 200m away. And stayed put for a while so I got a shot in that tree as well. But in this weather I can´t see any colors so I posted an image from three years ago too. The last time I saw them up close.

BirdArt meme?  A question!
Now, I have been thinking of opening a meme for Bird Art so I took the images from today and played around a little. The first one is filter Conté Crayon with canvas texture in PS CS5 and the second one is black and white abstract.
If any of you are interested in a BirdArt meme please tell me. I need at least 10 people to get started.

Black and White Wednesday    Wild Bird Wednesday
Find the birds with  Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels:   , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

  1. Awesome shot! I've only seen one last summer and then my camera malfunctioned. Looking for another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love that first shot of the Waxwing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super species. I had the same problem two winters ago when a flock of 20 appeared high up in a tree near to home on a very wet and drab day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flotte bilder og tøff edit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitt b&w bidrag: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the third black and white shot-almost like a pen and ink drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when bunches of birds "dot" the tops of the trees! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Naturefootsteps Birds of Europe