2010/08/08

Öland trip tryout

Last saturday I went to Öland. I´ve been in Gamleby and Västervik ( 3 posts on NF Photo starting HERE) for a week and now I headed south. I did go to Öland for 2 reasons. I wanted to  try my tent.  I have not slept in a tent since I was a kid and now I wanted to see if this is something I shall do in order to get to where the birds are. With a tent you are free to go where ever and when ever you like.

click to enlarge
My equipment, my mobile home. And, yes, it is quite OK to use.  :)

Drillsnäppa - Common Sandpiper in late evening light


Silvertärna - Arctic Tern in sunset backlight
My favourite photo from the trip.
Above: NF Photo 100731 at Sandvik. öland.

Gravand och Skärfläcka - Common Shelduck and Pied Avocet

Myrspov och Kärrsnäppa -  Bar-tailed Godwit and Dunlin
NF Photo 100801 at Eckelsudde, Öland
It was a good trip and I will do it again. But hopefully then there will be more birds. The only problem I had was to find the local Supermarket to buy food. Luckily I brought some with me. :(

The trip back home took 5 h with only one stop for gas and wc visits.

BPW 102


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 comments:

  1. That Pied-Avocet is really cool! I'd never heard of one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't enjoy camping myself - wish I did. It is convenient, as you say, for getting where the birds are. The arctic tern photo is beautiful. I love the light in that one. And like my fellow blogger above, I'm new to seeing Pied Avocet and fascinated by its appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det var underbara bilder du fick på din tripp :) och vilket mysigt tält du har:) Och nu har du ju fått testa det och det gick ju tydligen kanon bra det också :) Vi får prata lite närmare när du kanske kan komma hit ?
    kram :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip. I like camping but I haven't been for a long time. Looks like you got some great birds, too. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jättefina fågelbilder! Ser väldigt väbekant ut för mig som bor här.Problemet på norra delen av Öland just nu är att det sitter folk i solstolar på alla kalkstenshällar där det annars brukar rasta vadare. Men nästa vecka är nog de flesta turisterna borta.
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Härligt...grattis till bilderna och framförallt skärfläckan!!
    Tärnan är snygg också...perfekt "sudd" på vingarna!

    Steffe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty birds! Certainly looks like it was an enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree the Pied Avocet is something special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tern in flight with the sun on one wing is a very cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good birding trip NF. The Arctic Tern in the sunset, magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "NatureFootstep stays here." *LOL!* I love the tern shot the most, myself. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Du har mycket godis att visa upp! Själv har jag bara sett Ölandsbron från Kalmar. Vågar inte åka över den p.g.a. min Akrofobi ( höjdrädsla).
    Ingvar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Naturefootsteps Birds of Europe