2013/10/01

Tretåig hackspett - Picoides tridactylus - Three-toed Woodpecker

click to enlarge



Tretåig hackspett - Picoides tridactylus - Three-toed Woodpecker
NF Photo 130427, Ekoparken, Färna 

Om Tretåig hackspett på wiki
About Three-toed Woodpecker on wiki

This one should be a female as the top of the head is white. The male is light yellow on the top. I took these in teh end of april but just realized I had not posted them. Strange as it is a new one to my blog. I hope you like her. I do!

Wild Bird Wednesday  
Find the birds with  Etiketter - Labels- Tags at the bottom of this page.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   , , , ,

12 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and very handy ... that is quite a house she has prepared for herself and her family to be. Beautiful shots ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic...... Wow what a post!

    I caught up with this species while in the Kuusamo region of Finland. Unfortunately my images were distant and against a foggy backdrop..... yours are exceptional

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great birds. Is that a silver birch tree they are pecking in to. Our Great Spotted Woodpeckers nested in Silver Birch trunks this year. From findlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great series of photos. Very interesting to see the woodpecker popping into and out of the hole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shots of the woodie, I really love the last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh How Neat...I was just reading about the 3 Toed Woodpecker for the first time last evening and then I see these shares. Your images are even better than the one I saw in the book that I was reading from!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photographs of this beautiful woodpecker! It's amazing how quickly they can drill a new hole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful to see and photograph; thanks for sharing your woodpecker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fina bilder på hackspetten, speciellt den sista är snygg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Naturefootsteps Birds of Europe